Friday, November 11, 2011

Chicken Curry With Bamboo Shoots

I seem to eat a lot of curry. I guess the reason why I do is because I'm always really busy during the week and I prefer to make a large batch of something that I can freeze and easily heat up. It doesn't hurt that curry always tastes better a day after it's made! The only down-side is the tedium of eating curry week in, week out so I'm always looking for new curry ideas.

A rummage through the cupboard found a can of bamboo shoots. I have never cooked with them before but I was excited to give it a try. 



I got my recipe from here

I added some sliced mushrooms to get rid of some I had in the fridge. I didn't use shrimp paste, I have no idea what that is. I also added some garam masala, as I do to most of my curries.

Some pictures from my cooking:






Bamboo shoots in curry was definitely a winning idea!


1 comment:

  1. mmm I love bamboo shoots! Congrats on your first successful attempt! Normally I add them to a green or red thai coconut curry with sweet bell peppers, basil, red onion, eggplant, jalepenos and zuchini.. you can add water chestnuts too if you have them!

    ReplyDelete